By Tony Ellersick
When I first got into hunting, I learned quickly how important boots are for a successful hunt, but that didn’t ease the pain of the cost of boots. So as any newer hunter has done, I looked for corners to cut or the least monetarily demanding product that I could get away with. What I ended up with was feet that hurt, were wet and a frustration that lasted beyond the hunt. This is where my decision to step up my boot game and bite the bullet on a high quality pair of hunting boots. I decided upon the Crispi Thor II GTX and I have never regretted my decision.
Why Go With A Dedicated Hunting BOot?
Hunting boots are not cheap, with that said, you always get what you pay for in this life. I was on a budget when shopping for hunting boots three years ago and my two priorities were price and waterproofing. I ended up coming across the Crispi Thor’s on an awesome Father’s Day sale and picking up my first pair (black and orange version). After putting on hundreds of miles and breaking those down over the last three years, it was time for a new pair and I figured I might as well go with what served me so well last time. So I chose their updated version and have been extremely happy ever since and why I wanted to write a review.
My favorite Feature
My favorite feature of the Thor’s is the fact they are lightweight and comfortable. When I tried them on for the first time, I wanted to wear them more than just for hunting. I wanted to work in them and wear them around town in the winter because they were so comfortable.
- Very comfortable (almost like wearing shoes)
- Lightweight and rugged
- Not a leather boot which requires less maintenance
- They don’t last forever (On season 3 of use, the waterproofing broke down and threads started busting)
- The standard insole is just ok (I upgraded to Superfeet insoles)
- 1.25 lbs (one boot size 10)
- 8″ Tall
- Upper: Water-repellent Suede and high resistant breathable PUtek Spider fabric
- Gore-Tex® waterproof lining
- Polyurethane coated leather rand, triple-stitched with Kevlar
- Crispi Claw sole with EVA midsole
- Full Length removable insole accommodates L&S High Country Synergy Footbed
- Half Sizes: 8-12.5, 13, 14
Crispi’s customer service is second to none and if you have any questions regarding fit or what type of boot to go with, their knowledgeable staff is extremely helpful. Call customer service at (844-527-4774) or by going to https://www.crispius.com/contact-us.
All in all, I highly recommend the Crispi Thor GTX II in the future if you are looking for a lightweight and lower cost boot. If you want to know more about another Crispi boot that was reviewed, click here, or write us a message HERE. In the meantime make sure to check out our show SOUL SEEKERS on CarbonTV as well as follow us on Instagram @soulseekersnation. Knowledge is power and MENTORSHIP IS CONSERVATION.